The Friends of the
Paul Sawyier Public Library

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic,
our open days and hours are subject to change.
Please refer to the main page for updates.

Located on the second floor
of the newly expanded PSPL building,
across the elevator.

New and used books available
at a fraction of their original prices!

There's something for everyone with genres 
and subjects of all kinds including travel, 
how-to, World history, biography, novels, pets,
reference, religion, Americana, Kentuckiana, 
first editions, magazines, children and teens,
multimedia - - VHS, CD, DVD, books on tape - -
and a special holiday and events section, 
just to name a few!

Friends Members enjoy a 10% discount!

All proceeds benefit
the Paul Sawyier Public Library.

Book donations may be brought
to the Friends' drop-off area
in the basement parking area
across from the elevator.
Books must be clean, intact,
and in good, saleable, condition.
Receipts for tax purposes are available in the store.


The Lilian Lindsey Bookstore,
operated by the Friends of the Paul Sawyier Public Library,
was named after the founder and first director of
Frankfort's original public library.

Ms. Lindsey (1878-1939) grew up in the Vest-Lindsey House,
which is located next to the new library.
Her picture is hung on the wall,
behind the register
in the Lilian Lindsey Bookstore.

The library, which opened in 1908,
began with Ms. Lindsey
collecting books in her own home.
There were no funds to hire a librarian,
so, she left the State to take courses in library science.
On December 12, 1908,
under the auspices of the Frankfort Woman's Club,
she opened the first library
on the seventh floor of the McClure Building.

Click here to view a 1907 news article
involving Miss Lindsey and the library!
(you may need to left-click that image
to see it in its entirety)

This page was last revised on October 08, 2020